Vernazza Two Piece Printed Pattern
Whether you’re frolicking along the coastline of northern Italy or sunbathing in your backyard, the Vernazza Two Piece will have you feeling glamorous and comfortable. It features tank straps, an adjustable tie front, and a soft waistband. The bottoms hit at about your belly button and can easily be adjusted for a higher or lower rise. This is a simple swimsuit with a lot of style. It is fun to sew and is perfect for the very confident beginner or intermediate sewist.
This pattern is for personal and non-profit use only. If you are interested in licensing it for commercial use, please contact email@example.com
- XS - 4X (all sizes included in pattern)
- Intermediate level sewing
- There is an instructional video that accompanies the instructions you can view it here.
- 5% of proceeds go to charity. Click here to learn more.
You can line your bottoms with swimsuit lining or the same fabric you are using for the rest of your suit. If you are not using swimsuit lining, add a half yard to the yardage requirements listed below. main fabric:
- XS-M // 45” wide fabric // 1.3 yards (1.2 metres)
- XS-M // 54-60” wide fabric // 1 yard (.9 metres)
- L-XXL // 45” wide fabric // 1.5 yards (1.4 metres)
- L-XXL // 54-60” wide fabric // 1.13 yards (1 meter)
- 1X - 4X // 45” wide fabric // 2 1/8 yards (1.9 metres)
- 1X - 4X // 54-60” wide fabric // 1 2/3 (1.5 metres)
- XS - XXL // 45-60” wide // .5 yards (.55 metres)
- 1X-4X // 45-60” wide // 5/8 yards (.6 metres)
- 4 yards ¼” wide elastic
- Stretch sewing machine needle
- Optional: 1-2 yard ¾” wide elastic (if you want to add elastic to the waistbands on the top and bottom), Soft foam cups (if you want a little more coverage), power mesh to go between layers of fabric for added support (you’ll need about a yard if you’re lining the whole suit)
This pattern is designed for swimsuit knits with a high amount of stretch (50-60%). Fabric with lycra or spandex will hold up the best. If you’re using the suit for swimming, you’re going to want to avoid fibers that hold a lot of water (cotton).
- Stretch machine needle
- Safety pin